Sunday, December 6, 2009

Radically Approve of Everything!

It has been an interesting few days. My mother has not been feeling well for a few months and we have been to the doctor and look forward to a week of scheduling tests, invasive and otherwise to find out if she has something dreadful going on in her body. It has been my practice over the last few weeks to be in radical approval of everything, including but not limited to cranky people, health scares, and traffic jams. I am amazed at how much this is changing my outlook on everything. When the first thought is negative, like Oh my God what are we going to do? or this is going to make me late, or why is this woman such a bitch, I am totally and radically approving of everything. YES, my mother could have a devastating diagnosis! What an opportunity to celebrate her completely and if the news is good then how wise was I not to panic? YES! the woman at the grocery store was bitchy to me for no apparent reason. What a delicious reminder to practice my new skills at approving of her because perhaps she has three sick kids at home and has yet to be enlightened about approving of everything. Stuck in traffic? YES YES YES! I was able to surround myself with comfort with the heat blowing gently through the vents, my buns comfortably toasting on the warm seat, and a fabulous CD in the player and actually I found myself quite happy. I read somewhere that we have more than 80,000 thoughts daily, with over 90% of those being negative, and 98% of those negative thoughts have nothing to do with reality. Every person has a story, and this one is mine. Today, I love my body more than disapproval...YES!
XO,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. This one was profound for me. To show an outright appreciation for the contrast in out lives that almost immediately causes us to expand, alters our souls, is our attempt at staying caught up with that inner being, that is oh, so much wiser.

    ReplyDelete