Thursday, December 24, 2009

Living a Life of Gratitude

I have wielded the power of Gratitude through the years righteously but not as specifically as I have done over the past year. I have learned over the last few years that gratitude, when applied liberally can shift even the worst into more than tolerable, it can even move it as far as desirable. I woke up to the sound of neighbors trying to chip ice off of their car at 6 this morning and when I looked outside to see who was making all of the noise when I was trying to sleep in, my first thought was "Geez, I'm glad I'm not them" and then I crawled back into bed. Through my life I have been thankful for what I was not...homeless, in a bad marriage, left in the miserable state of no sense of humor, or chipping ice off of my car on Christmas Eve at six in the morning...along with a million other things. It has always left me with a feeling that I wasn't living a life, I was constantly dodging bullets. This feeling of gratitude was disingenuous. I wasn't grateful for me, I was grateful I didn't have the misfortune of being someone else.
Today, I express my profound gratitude for what I am. I am funny, I am smart, I am creative, I am empathetic, I am a bad ass (in the most loving way) I am daring. I am loving, I am cute, I am passionate. I am real, I am honest with myself and my emotions, I ride the highest highs and the lowest lows and I come through with grace and perfection. I am strong, I am fit, I am hot. I am mushy on the inside, I know where I stand. I am brave, I am curious, I am sassy. I am totally in love with myself. I am a little crazy around the edges. I walk straight and tall. I am a complete woman. My challenge to myself is to look at the bountiful gifts that surround me, become me, and belong only to me. Today, I love my body with such amazing gratitude for being me, in all of my wonderfulness! Happiest of Holidays to you,
XO,
Karen

2 comments:

  1. In pure gratitude to you for the goddess that you are in all of your loveliness, graciousness and beauty. Your journey in inspirational....thanks for sharing...xxoo L

    ReplyDelete