Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A few words about New Beginnings...

I had such a great day today. I spent the afternoon with a dear friend and her year old twin girls. They were so well behaved, sat in their little high chairs for the entire time we were at lunch. Everyone in the restaurant was captivated by them and stopped by the table to smile and ask something about them. It was amazing just to look at them, starting to put some things and thoughts together and it got me to thinking. They are just beginning their lives, full of possibilities and new experiences and I thought that could be just about anyone. You don't have to be a one year old to have a life filled with possibilities or new experiences. You just have to be willing to open your mind and your heart to the life that lies before you. Whether you are at the beginning of your life or nearing the end, there is always a new experience just waiting for you.

When the twins started to get a bit wiggly, their mother took one and I took the other in my arms and we continued our visit. Then mine, Kylie, started wiggling even more; she started straightening out, twisting and turning around, all the while trusting me not to drop her. What a wonderful feeling to hold a little life in my hands, knowing she could completely trust me and just knew I wouldn't let her go. And what an amazing feeling to have, that you could wiggle and squirm all you wanted fearlessly, and with complete trust that you're not going to fall. Then, she snuggled up to me and gave me a big kiss on my cheek...It was heaven, and reminded me that no matter how old you are, you always have a new experience waiting just for you. You just have to open your eyes...and your heart to let it in.

So, the message for today is I love my body more than thinking there are no new experiences waiting for me. There are so many I don't even know where to start. Each day is a new beginning, and perhaps it just takes a kiss on the cheek to bring you back to that place of innocence and trust.

I wish you a squirmy, wiggly day, safely held in the arms of the Universe,

XO,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment